Oil stains on the couch are quite common. While we think getting those grease spots cleaned is impossible, there are actually some easy methods to do so. But, when you are using DIY couch stain removal techniques make sure that you do not rub the stains harshly or use too much water on your couch. Given below are two very easy methods of getting rid of old oil stain removal from a fabric couch and a leather couch.
Procedure Of Cleaning Old Oil Stains From Fabric Couch
A fabric couch needs to be treated carefully or you might end up making the stains permanent. Check what kind of fabric has been used and follow the recommended method of couch cleaning in Brisbane. If you are trying a DIY method of stain removal, then using baking soda is a good option. It helps in getting rid of oil stains but can only be used on fabrics that can be washed with water or treated with a water-based solvent.
- Step 1: Apply baking soda over the affected area and let it sit for about 15 minutes. The soda will absorb most of the stain.
- Step 2: Use a clean paper towel or a toothbrush to scrape off the soda from the couch. Do not rub or scrub the area but gently brush off or wipe it.
- Step 3: Clean the spots with a vacuum cleaner. The vacuum cleaner will absorb any loose particles from between the fibres and further clean the stain.
- Step 4: Take a clean, damp cloth and dip it into a water-based solvent or dishwashing liquid. Gently rub the oil stains with this cloth. Use a dry cloth to blot the solvent before repeating the process. Continue this till the stains are completely removed.
- Step 5: Very old stains might still remain and require further cleaning. Make a solution of vinegar (1 tbsp.), dishwashing liquid (1 tbsp.) and warm water (2 cups). Use a clean cloth to wipe the stains with this solution.
- Step 6: Blot the stains with a dry cloth or a paper towel. Make sure the couch has completely dried before using it again.
Cleaning Old Oil Stains From Leather Couch
You cannot use just any kind of cleaning solution or method on a leather couch. Depending on the type of leather, you will have to use cleaning products and methods that will not compromise the quality of the leather or alter its appearance in any way.
- Step 1: Mix a suitable cleaning solvent or dishwashing liquid in warm water. Dip a clean cloth into the solution and wring out the excess moisture. Wipe the stains gently.
- Step 2: Use a clean damp cloth to wipe the residue from the solvent.
- Step 3: Blot the area using a clean, dry cloth, or a paper towel. Make sure to use a lint-free cloth on the leather and do not use the couch till it has dried completely.
Hire The Finest Carpet Cleaning Company
For more effective cleaning, hire a Back 2 New Cleaning. We hold years of industry experience and are well known for offering affordable and professional carpet cleaning services. Our team of experts performs the best carpet stain removal job using a safe and result-oriented solution. So call us today to book our valuable service.